Wednesday, December 16, 2009

YooouuuTuuube.com


Date Viewed 12/08/2009
Source: YooouuuTuuube.com
http://www.yooouuutuuube.com/
Title: YooouuuTuuube.com
Artist: Unknown

Summary: When you land on this site, it displays a dialog box asking for a link to a YouTube video. There are also other display options you can customize. Once you select a video and click “DO THIS”, the site displays several frames of the video you selected, all being constantly updated as the video plays. You can also zoom out, pan around, or simply pause the video to look at all the nifty thumbnail frames.

Response: I’m sure my first response was the same as everyone else’s- “What in the heck is this?” So I paused the video, and realized the “boxes” had stopped playing, and stopped generating, at the point where I paused the video. I’m not quite sure what the purpose of the site is, other than amusement, and I’m not really sure how it was made. I guess the best of these types of “whoa, this is cool” websites are the ones where you can figure out how it’s done, like a magic trick. Make sure to try it on spiral mode- the videos don’t play, but they spread out in a spiral fashion, returning to the center where they started. Is this website cool and amusing? Yes. Would I spend lots of time here? No. Would I share the link with others for their amusement? Possibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment